Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Letting Go... A Lesson I Learned~


Originally wrote May 2nd, 2011

I have gone through many trials in my life, and always survived and always came out wiser and stronger in the end, however never in my wildest nightmares could I have imagined that one day I would have lost my storage. Perhaps you may be wondering why I would be so devastated with having lost my storage as it's obviously things  that are not in my home, and not being used....well, I don't have a home any longer as of December 2010 and that's another nightmare that I would rather not repeat, however, I have been staying with my mom and my sister. Everything a 2 bedroom home would house was in our storage as well as 3 others belongings, and most everything were collectible items, and my entire sewing machine collections, grid wall racks, jewelry, shoes, clothes , and all I had owned, DVDs over a 1500, Vintage pictures, clothes, vintage pearl white suitcase collection complete with train case, and so much more. I couldn't stop crying again today because I finally received the call from corporate and they said many apologies but unfortunately they couldn't retrieve any of my belongings and needed me to itemize everything and I would be reimbursed. I was given 1 big plastic case with my personal pictures however, inside my vintage suitcases were much more 1919-1950, to 1980 filled heirloom photos of my family past,  that I lost, the other boxes I received contained photograph's of my friends personal photos..I had no clue how to handle the feelings I was going through. I didn't want to hold anything in, and yet I was having a hard time letting go. I was told they don't know how this could have happened, yet being that it was their mistake I kept questioning why they hadn't attempted to get back our things, but perhaps the buyer signed a contract and perhaps to them it was cheaper to let it go...ugh! So being that I must document all our things and provide receipts where ever possible the time has come that I must face this is my reality, all I ever owned, bought or been given, whether by someone who's passed away, have gone away or still alive has been taken from me. I must in the next few days jot down everything, and being that I seem to feel a whole lot I am grieving the loss. I even experienced anger, frustration, and than deep hurt... We  paid each and every month without fail and because of an error on their part everything is gone...By the way, we hired a lawyer but I am still having to deal with the aftermath, my hurt, my confusion and it's so uncomfortable. All day I went for 3 separate walks that turned in a running sprint, as I was so full of unsettled emotion that running/walking in excess seemed a healthy release....

No comments:

Post a Comment